Smooth Killing Deathmatch Submissions V2 Jul 12, 2017 15:58:39 GMT agrajag, gosccp, and 1 more like this
Post by prototypetom on Jul 12, 2017 15:58:39 GMT
If you have any 24 - 30 player Deathmatch maps you would like to see in Smooth Killing please share them here.
I know how frustrating it can be submitting jobs and then not being sure of how the playlist is curated, and what kind of backlog there might be. So I'm going to try and explain the system I'm trying to employ.
There's three methods by which jobs make their way into the SK playlist, and these have an order of priority
1. Creator submission
2. Member nomination
Effectively nominations and searches will really just be back up if there is not enough creator submissions.
Each event runs for about 80 minutes as standard (including lobby time and late starts), so typically it will be six 10min jobs, or perhaps seven if there's a good 5min job, or perhaps more if there are more 5min jobs. The aim is that 80min mark though.
Most jobs will run for 10min - unless it's a VDM or other niche job (such as a sniping map, or RPG map). But this is at my discretion and if I need to clear a backlog I may reduce smaller maps to 5min also. Because these maps will be contending for verification places, I don't want to ever have more than 8 jobs - so that the odds of success in the poll are fairly equal week to week. I will also run a maximum of two modded jobs in any week as they aren't part of the deathmatch verification process, but preferably no more than one.
I am trying to employ methods to give as many people as possible a fair chance of having their jobs featured, in good time, without restricting regular contributors too much.
- Generally maps will be added to each week's playlist in the order they're submitted (although not the order of the playlist itself!).
- Please submit one job at a time. If you submit more than one job at a time, I'll choose which one I like the look of most and then move on. I won't create a backlog from multiple submissions - but i might go back and look through unplayed jobs if we're short of submissions. You can resubmit an unplayed job into the normal 1 per week cycle.
- If you're a regular submitter of jobs and you've had a long run of jobs featured each week, I might postpone your job featuring for a week if other people are having a hard time getting their jobs in. This might never be necessary, but the more you attend the event, the less likely this will happen your job if it needs to happen.
- Any single submissions not played WILL go into the shortlist for the following week or first available opportunity.
- Please specify/describe the type of deathmatch (RnG, traditional, snipers, VDM, modded, etc).
- Please test your jobs with people before submitting them to SK. I may sometimes run untested jobs if I'm satisfied the map looks okay, but they may be run at 5min duration.
- I reserve the right to leave out any map I don't think comes up to a basic creative/working standard. It's never happened, but you never know.
- Jobs must be created by GCCC members
I encourage people to rework their maps, but I will treat resubmitted/version jobs with a reduced priority in the same 5 week 'season'. After that season, they'll be treated the same as any other new submission, but will need to be resubmitted.